Skip to main content

Broad Weekend MBA ranks 35th overall on Businessweek Top Executive MBA list

Bloomberg Businessweek recently released its 2011 biennial ranking of the “Top Executive MBA Programs,” placing the Broad College’s Weekend MBA program at 35th overall. This is the highest Businessweek Executive MBA ranking ever for the Broad College. For the full ranking, visit: http://www.businessweek.com.

As was the case with the Full-Time MBA ranking in 2010, student satisfaction was a huge factor in the Broad College’s move into the Top 40. Alumni who graduated in May 2011 overall indicated that they were pleased with their experience, giving Broad “B” grades in “Teaching,” “Curriculum” and “Support,” and “A” grades in “Entrepreneurship” and “Strategy.” To read some of their comments about their experiences at Broad, visit: http://www.businessweek.com/michstate.html and click on the “Graduate Comments” tab.

“Our faculty and staff work so hard to support the Weekend program, and this is a fabulous external indicator of the impact they are making,” says Weekend MBA Program Director Cheri DeClercq. “I’m very proud of our collective accomplishments.”

The Broad College placed 35th in the “Graduate Poll” and 36th in the “Director Poll” – the two elements that this ranking is based upon. The EMBA grad survey, which measures satisfaction with various aspects of the b-school experience, is combined with two previous surveys and together contributes 65 percent to the final ranking.  The remaining 35 percent is based on a survey of EMBA program directors who are asked for their Top 10 list.

Says a recent graduate of the program in his or her survey response, “The program provided a sense of community and a vast network of alumni and students that I can tap into. I continue to suggest this program to many others because I’ve earned the ROI on this education.”

The Broad Weekend MBA is an executive-style program held every other weekend over 19 months, and is conducted in two Michigan locations – East Lansing and Troy. Michigan State University has been leading the way in executive MBA education since 1964. For more information, visit http://weekendmba.broad.msu.edu.

Share

Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu