On November 23, Michigan State University’s Broad College of Business hosted its third annual Undergraduate Pitch Competition and Graduate Business Plan Competition.
The competitions allow students with a business idea the chance to win thousands of dollars to start their business venture while developing their skills in pitching ideas and developing functional business plans.
What’s more, the Graduate Business Plan Competition is affiliated with the Global Venture Labs Investment Competition, allowing Broad’s first-place team to go on to compete there for a total cash prize of $78,000 as well as a launch package valued at $25,000.
In the graduate competition, this year’s winners were:
- First place, winning $5,000: Robin Hannum (MBA ’14) and Jonathan Delauter with North Coast Medical
- Second place, winning $2,500: Joseph Ajao (MBA ’15) and Holly Miller (MBA ’15) with FloorZero
- Third place, winning $1,000: Jose Patag (MBA ’14) and Brandon Pilzner (MBA ’14) with Auctus College
This year’s undergraduate competition winners were:
- First place, winning $5,000: Jon Bauer, Bernie Eisbrenner, Patrick McCarthy, and Patrick Schmitz (BA Finance ’15) with Carbon Cash
- Second place, winning $2,500: Brian Ingle (BA Finance ’13) with Snap Script
- Third place, winning $1,000: Joshua York (BA Supply Chain Management ’15) with York Apparel
- People’s choice, winning $500: Dan Etter, Mitch Goodrich, Brandon Heins, and Fletcher Smith with Pet Spot
- People’s choice, winning $500: Boon Yau Ooi (BA Management ’16) and Kevin Ye with Move In Move Out
- Finalist: Nicholas Stachurski (BA Marketing ’14), Ryan Sundberg, Steven Van Maele, and Brooke Weatherford (BA Marketing ’15) with Eightfold Marketing
- Finalist: Jeremy Lindlbauer (BA Supply Chain Management ’14), Paul Schrems, Dan Sorgen, and Nick Turnbull with TurtleCell LLC
- Finalist: Garrett Robinson with ToU