Admission to the MS in Business Analytics is based on academic and professional background, as well as potential for a successful career in analytics. Each applicant is evaluated on the basis of these criteria and in relation to the current applicant group.
Academic background in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, science and business are recommended for those interested in the MS in Business Analytics program. The application deadline is November 1. Note that admission is selective and there is ongoing review of applications. Applicants should consider applying as early as possible for best advantage.
To be considered for the admission in MS in Business Analytics, applicants are expected to have:
- A completed bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution.
- A cumulative grade-point average of at least a 3.00 in undergraduate course work.
- Completed, with a grade of 3.0 or higher, college-level courses in introductory calculus and statistics.
- Completed the suggested prerequisites listed in the course offerings.
- A working knowledge of personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, networking and data-base management systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, HTML, as well as experience in using statistical packages, and use of statistical software programs.
- Have strong scores on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test). The MS in Business Analytics GMAT code is QHO-5P-59. The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) may be accepted as an alternate to the GMAT. Please check with the program office.
- A relatively recent laptop computer with Microsoft Office.
There are specific requirements for international applicants with regard to academic transcripts, English language requirements and financial certification for application to the MS in Business Analytics program.
- The undergraduate degree must be the equivalent to a four-year degree in the United States.
- English competency test are required, with the following minimum scores: TOEFL: 250 on computer version and 100 on the Internet- Based Test: IELTS 7, PTE 7. English competency test takes should use the Michigan State University code 1465.