Office: N425 Business College Complex
Professor Miller teaches strategic management and consulting. Prior to joining the MSU faculty, he taught at Purdue University (Krannert), the German International Graduate School of Management and Administration (GISMA), and New York University (Stern).
Professor Miller studies organizational learning, routines, and philosophical issues pertaining to organizations and management research. He and his co-authors develop computer simulation models to explore social learning processes and their implications for organizations.
Professor Miller is a member of the Academy of Management and Strategic Management Society. He serves on the editorial boards of Academy of Management Learning and Education, Strategic Management Journal, and Strategic Organization.
Strategic management, organizational learning and change, routines, risk management, computational modeling, research methods
- Miller, K. D. (2009). Organizational Risk after Modernism. Organization Studies, 30: 157-180.
- Miller, K. D. & Lin, S. (2010). Different Truths in Different Worlds. Organization Science, 21: 97-114.
- Miller, K. D. & Tsang, E. W. K. (2011). Testing Management Theories: Critical Realist Philosophy and Research Methods. Strategic Management Journal, 32: 139-158.
- Miller, K. D., Pentland, B. T., & Choi, S. (2012). Dynamics of Performing and Remembering Organizational Routines. Journal of Management Studies, 49: 1536-1558.
- Miller, K. D., Choi, S., & Pentland, B. T. (2014). The Role of Transactive Memory in the Formation of Organizational Routines. Strategic Organization, 12: 109 - 133.
- Miller, K. D. (2015). Agent-Based Modeling and Organization Studies: A Critical Realist Perspective. Organization Studies, 36: 175-196.
- Miller, K. D. (2015). Organizational Research as Practical Theology. Organizational Research Methods, 18: 276-299.
- Miller, K. D. & Lin, S. (2015). Analogical Reasoning for Diagnosing Strategic Issues in Dynamic and Complex Environments. Strategic Management Journal, 36: 2000-2020.
- MGT 878: Management Consulting
- MGT 879: Strategic Management Consulting Projects
- MBA 850: Strategic Management
- MGT 877: Consulting Process
- PIM 855: Strategic Management