Department: Supply Chain Management
Office: N471 North Business Complex, 632 Bogue Street
With 20 years of speaking experience and as a graduate of Second City improvisation,
Dr. Carol Prahinski engages audiences with stories about business strategy misalignment, supply chain snafus and purchasing agents with character. Her enthusiasm and thought-provoking questions keep audiences engaged and entertained with lessons that can be applied immediately in your work and personal situations.
Dr. Prahinski received her PhD and MS degrees in Operations Management from Ohio State University, an MBA from Babson College (Wellesley, MA) and a BSBA degree in Operations Management from the University of Delaware. Currently, she is on the board for the National Speakers Association - Michigan.
Carol has won numerous speaking and leadership awards, including 1st place for humorous speaking, evaluations and the international speech competitions; Toastmaster of the Year, and Distinguished District Governor. In addition, she has won several international awards for her research, business cases and her PhD dissertation. Her research articles have been listed on the top 25 hottest articles for multiple years. She has won several international awards for her business cases. She was awarded a dissertation grant from the National Association of Purchasing Management for outstanding doctoral research in the field of purchasing.
Prior to her academic career, Carol has nine years of supply chain management and purchasing experience in the food manufacturing industry.
Supply chain management witha focus in purchasing, strategy, supplier development, interorganizational relationships and operations management
- Distinguished District Governor, 2014: <p>As District Governor, we achieved the Distinguished District Award. It was the first time in five years that we accomplished these goals.</p>
- Distinguished Toastmaster: The highest educational accomplishment within Toastmasters International. 2012 and 2015.
- SCM 371: Procurement and Supply Management
- SCM 470: Supply Chaiin Application and Policy
- University Committee for the Library: <p>Elected to represent the business school for library decisions</p>
- Chief Ambassador, Revitalized Education Program, Toastmasters International: Train Ambassadors; ensure coverage of all members; create engagement; and introduce the new education program
- Region Advisor, Toastmasters International: Advises leaders of six districts, representing 20,000 members.