Experiential Learning Centers
Broad students learn by doing. They apply what they learn in classroom settings to real-world contexts. There are several laboratories and opportunities for hands-on learning at the Broad College, including:
- Ernst & Young Communication Center: assists master’s in accounting students in developing and refining their interviewing, public speaking, and writing skills.
- Financial Analysis Lab: provides hands-on training in financial modeling and valuation in a setting that emulates a real trading room, complete with Bloomberg terminals and access to Reuters Knowledge Corporates and Reuters 3000 Xtra.
- IBM On-Demand Supply Chain Lab: allows students and faculty to study, simulate, and test the key relationships in an end-to-end supply chain, focusing on the dynamic flow of information and the resulting interdependencies.
- J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Culinary Business Learning Lab (CBLL): houses a demonstration theater, teaching kitchens, dining room, and a “Hall of Fame” for alumni of The School of Hospitality Business.
- Team Effectiveness Lab: examines basic psychological issues related to how teams make decisions under stress, the effects of team structures on performance, and the ability of teams to adjust and restructure as situational demands shift. It features a military simulation that challenges team decision-making skills.