On June 3-5, the James B. Henry Center for Executive Development at Michigan State University will host Building Winning Teams: A Quest for Excellence, a program designed to help managers build sustainable skills in the areas of leadership and team effectiveness. The program will feature activities and discussions led by Broad College of Business faculty and MSU coaches such as Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio, and Tom Anastos.
The mix of the coaches’ expertise in creating winning cultures and the management faculty’s research on the topic of leadership and team building will provide attendees with a unique range of knowledge. Program participants will learn crucial skills such as:
- Building a strong team structure and culture
- Selecting and recruiting top talent
- Building team performance through accountability
- Making effective strategic and tactical decisions
- Managing conflict and promoting perceptions of fairness
- Bringing about change and team development
This is the second year that Building Winning Teams will be offered by the Broad College’s Executive Development Programs. Last year, more than 20 business professionals furthered their management knowledge and developed useful team-building strategies.