Department: Supply Chain Management
Jason Miller (Ph.D. The Ohio State University) is an Assistant Professor of Logistics at Michigan State University's Eli Broad College of Business. His primary research stream examines firms' logistics operations, with an emphasis on studying motor carrier safety. He also undertakes research developing and disseminating multivariate statistical techniques. His research has appeared or is forthcoming in Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business Logistics, Journal of Management, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Multivariate Behavioral Research, Transportation Journal, and Transportation Research Part E. His research at Journal of Business Logistics has been recognized with the Bernard J. LaLonde Best Paper Award for the best manuscript published in 2013. Jason serves on the Editorial Review Board for Journal of Operations Management and Journal of Supply Chain Management. He also actively reviews for several supply chain (Decision Science Journal, International Journal of Logistics Management, Journal of Business Logistics, and Transportation Journal) and quantitative methods (Educational and Psychological Measurement and Structural Equation Modeling) journals. He teaches the case-based capstone supply chain management course for undergraduates.
•Motor carrier safety
•Moderation, mediation, and moderated mediation analysis
•Applied statistical analysis for cross-sectional and panel data (covariance structure modeling, growth curve modeling, survival analysis, generalized linear models)
•Econometric applications (2SLS, 3SLS, systems of equations)
•Studying growth/decline/stability of supply chain phenomena
•Using psychometric techniques to scale and score supply chain constructs from secondary data
- Jane K. Fenyo Best Paper Award (2012): <div>Best conference paper for student research at the 41st Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference. Matt Schwieterman was the co-recipient. </div>
- Bernard J. La Londe Best Paper Award (2013): Awarded for the best manuscript published in Journal of Business Logistics in 2013. Co-recipients are John P. Saldanha, C. Shane Hunt, and John Mello.
- CSCMP Doctoral Dissertation Award (2015): Best doctoral dissertation as voted on by an academic and industry panel.
- E. Grosvenor Plowman Award (2016): Awarded for the best conference paper at the CSCMP annual conference.
- See Vita for updated list of publications.
- SCM 470: Supply Chain Policy Analysis