Dedicated faculty help students meet the demanding yet flexible curriculum. Involved educators—from theory-driven and applied research to MBA study abroad and case competitions.
College of Business among the Best
- Ranked no. 1 for percentage increase on pre-MBA salary by the Economist.
- Forbes ranked Broad no. 25 overall for return on investment (no. 9 among public colleges), taking an average 3.6 years to pay back the MBA degree—the fastest among ranked schools.
- Top 20 U.S. public program in all five major MBA rankings: Bloomberg Businessweek, the Economist, Financial Times, Forbes, and U.S. News & World Report.
- Experts in their fields
- Conduct research on the latest critical business issues, trends, and outcomes
- Serve as consultants to top corporations and government agencies
- Publish frequently in peer-reviewed journals
Nearly every department has an industry advisory board to ensure curriculum and research reflect breaking developments and current trends.
Student Skills Strengthened
Case competitions give students opportunities to hone their skills and showcase their talent in real-world business situations, including demonstrating those abilities to potential employers. Some competitions offer start-up funding and mentorship for winners.
- Global initiatives are available abroad and on campus. Nearly half of Broad Full-Time MBA students participate in study abroad trips. MSU is also home to the nation’s top-rated International Business Center (IBC), one of 28 federally funded initiatives that help businesses compete in the global marketplace.
- Hands-on labs allow students to collaborate and address real-world business challenges, gaining tools, knowledge, and experience needed to make an impact from the first day on the job.
- The Broad College Roy S. Pung Executive Speaker Series presents a diverse group of business leaders and guest lecturers sharing cases and insights from their careers, connecting students to real-life examples of business concepts they’re studying in the classroom.
Being a member of the MBA Enterprise Corps offers selected students the opportunity to complete a one-year international assignment serving as a consultant for a private enterprise located in an emerging market.
MBA students may pursue dual degrees in law or medicine (allopathic or osteopathic).
CFA Certification Support
Broad is one of 36 MBA programs nationwide designated as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program Partner of the CFA Institute, a global nonprofit association of investment.