The School of Hospitality Business conducted its 10th annual Graduate Student Forum on Friday, April 24, 2015 at the Henry Center for Executive Development on the MSU campus.
Twenty-six students, all of whom will graduate on May 8, 2015 with Master of Science degrees in Hospitality Business Management, presented their research to an audience of fellow students and faculty and staff members. Each student has had a faculty mentor who helped guide the research project.
The day-long event began with opening remarks from Director of Academic Programs Dean James Rainey, who said the event is designed to share the results of a significant research project and sharpen the speaking and presentation skills of the students.
Dr. Glenn Omura, acting associate dean of MBA and Professional Masters Programs in the Broad College of Business, opened the afternoon session with congratulations for the students and high praise for the outstanding reputation of The School. He encouraged the new graduates to become active alumni.
Graduate Programs Coordinator Melissa Bankroff, who organized the event, gave closing remarks. “I am very impressed with the work ethic of every student who presented today,” says Melissa. “They are entering the workforce or graduate school with the distinct advantage of our School’s education and preparation, as well as their capacity for hard work. Each will go far.
Following is a listing of the students, their faculty mentors, and their 15-minute presentations:
- Yun Dong (Dr. A.J. Singh), Hotel Customers’ Attitudes to Green Hotel Attributes
- Woo-Hyuk Kim (Dr. A.J. Singh), Analyzing a Competitive Market Environment: The Case of the U.S. Hotel Industry
- Lichen Zhou (Dr. A.J. Singh), Factors Impacting Hotel Market Performance—Trend Analysis: 2009-2014
- Yajing Li (Dr. Jeff Beck), Price Disparity and Price Dispersion in Hotels in China
- Feitong Li (Dr. Jeff Beck), Testing Phantom Decoy Effects on Hotel Websites and the Impact on Choice and Perception
- Weichan Tang (Dr. JaeMin Cha), A Study of Providing Nutritional Information at the Buffet-Style Campus Dining Halls
- Lei Lei (Dr. JaeMin Cha), The Effect of Internship Experience on Internship Satisfaction and Hospitality Career Commitment
- Meng-Huan Yang (Dr. Bonnie Knutson), Millennial Luxury: Luxury in the Eye of Next Generation
- Zhibo Ren (Dr. Jeff Elsworth), Effects of Authentic Concepts in Chinese Restaurants for Millennial Consumers
- Yan Zhang (Dr. Jeff Elsworth), An Empirical Investigation of Customer Attitude toward Food Photographs on Restaurant Menu
- Xiaoyun Zheng (Dr. Lu Zhang), The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customers’ Perception of Service Failure, Satisfaction and Re-Patronize Intention
- Yining Chen (Dr. MiRan Kim), Corporate Social Responsibility Report of Hotel Companies in China
- Qiaozhi Sun (Dr. MiRan Kim), Factors Influencing Online Restaurant Group Buyer’s Return Intention on Regular Price
- Xuan Zi (Dr. MiRan Kim), The Impact of Online Reviews on Brand Equity and Customers’ Purchase Intentions in the Hotel Industry
- Yanqi Dai (Dr. Carl Borchgrevink), A Review of On-the-Job Training and Its Implications in the Hospitality Industry in China
- Liyun Ma (Dr. Carl Borchgrevink), Examining the Relationship among Risk Aversion, Perceived Risk and Intention of Word-of-Mouth in the Case of Airbnb
- Na Liu (Dr. Carl Borchgrevink), The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Job Satisfaction for Entry-Level Employees in Chinese Hotel Industry
- Menghua Shi (Dr. Carl Borchgrevink), The Impact of Attitude toward Wine and Wine-Food Pairing on Wine Consumption: Identifying Wine Consumption Drivers on Different Dining Occasions in U.S. Restaurants for Generation Y Students
- Yijun Niu (Dr. Carl Borchgrevink), Factors Influencing People’s Adoption of Restaurant Mobile ApplicationKe Lin (Dr. James Kim), Evaluating Perceived Attributes of Hotel Loyalty Program: A Study of Generation Y Consumers
- Jundan Hou (Dr. James Kim), Consumers’ Motivation to Read Online Restaurant Reviews: The Roles of Gender and Restaurant InvolvementShangqun Yu (Dr. James Kim), Consumer Evaluations of Hotels’ Responses to Negative Online Reviews
- Ying Zhang (Dr. James Kim), Airline Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction
- Justin Quigno (Dr. Lu Zhang), Casino Customers’ Intention to Join the Loyalty Rewards Program: The Effect of Number of Tiers and Gender
- Feifei Wu (Dr. Lu Zhang), Explore Users’ Perceptions of Hotel-Owned Website and OTA Website in Terms of Online Reviews
- Han Zhang (Dr. Lu Zhang), Exploring Factors Influencing Consumers’ Intention to Purchase Food from Food Trucks