In her years at Michigan State University and the Broad College of Business, senior Greer Clausen (BA Finance) has seen it all, and is on her way to making the kind of extraordinary impact MSU’s “Spartans Will” slogan epitomizes.

Since joining the MSU Women’s Golf Team, Clausen has since traveled around the country playing the toughest of courses and sweeping tournaments—most recently, with her team walking away a B1G 10 Division Tournament champion. She coached MSU’s summer golf camp and was selected as a student representative for the MSU Foundation Investment Committee. An incredible swing and 200-yard drive are just a part of Clausen’s résumé: she excelled as a Broad College scholar and set herself up to thrive as a young professional.

Greer Clausen

Clausen’s performance as a student and an athlete have caught the eye of ESPN – and one of the world’s leading investment banks.

Clausen joined Broad’s Financial Markets Institute, an elite group of motivated, financial-minded students, as a freshman. She served as portfolio manager for Broad’s Student Investment Fund; embarked on Global Finance Study Abroad in Brussels, Belgium; was a research assistant for the Department of Finance; and spent a summer interning at William Blair & Company as an investment banking analyst.

Suffice to say, Clausen not only “bleeds green,” but also breathes Broad. After four years at the Broad College, she shared with us some lessons she’ll use in the corporate world – and on the golf course.

“The collaborative nature of the Broad curriculum has helped me be a better team member both on the golf course and in my career. Being surrounded by peers who strive for excellence has pushed me to become a better student and a better golfer. Broad is a unique environment that inspires healthy competition: although each student strives to be the best, at the end of the day we are all on the same team. It is not cutthroat, and everyone is willing to lift each other up and help one another. This is also true in business and in golf. Even if I am not playing, I love to cheer for my team.

“The FMI has allowed me to tailor my Broad experience specifically to my future career in financial services. I have had the opportunity to have access to industry professionals and received training in business writing and speaking, interviewing, networking and social etiquette. This comprehensive training helped prepare me for success in my internship with William Blair.”

This summer, Clausen will take on a second internship with William Blair in Chicago, where she has a standing offer to commit full-time in 2018. She will return to MSU in the fall to pursue a second degree in economics and an additional year with her Spartan golfers. Clausen will bid farewell to Broad as a student, but will undoubtedly make an impact for years to come.