Master of Science in Healthcare Management
New! 100% Online Program Launched for Spring 2019
Michigan State University’s new Master of Science in Healthcare Management program, offered 100% online, provides talented healthcare professionals with vital leadership skills and business acumen to sustain optimal performance in a complex and dynamic healthcare landscape.
Students can choose from two distinct concentrations:
- MS in Healthcare Management – Healthcare Leadership
- MS in Healthcare Management – Healthcare Compliance
Each concentration comprises 15 business core courses (30 credits), one capstone course (4 credits) and four concentration courses (8 credits) for a total of 42 credits.
Developed by MSU’s renowned faculty in collaboration with healthcare industry experts, the curriculum emphasizes critical thinking, innovation, leadership, prevention and mitigation, health policy and globalization.
All coursework is presented 100% online in five-week modules, with 24/7 access to video-based lectures and an interactive learning environment. No campus visits are required, ensuring students can pursue a prestigious credential from an internationally recognized research university without diminishing their professional commitments.
With healthcare-specific courses in disciplines such as economics, law, information systems, marketing, policy and supply chain, the MS in Healthcare Management program will equip graduates to champion collaborative leadership, evidence-based decision making, and strategic and tactical thinking in their organizations.
To discover more about this new graduate degree program from Michigan State University, including admission requirements, academic start dates and program tuition, fill out our request for information form.
Join the Spartan tradition today!
|Healthcare Management Program Orientation – One week prior to academic start; no credit………………………….. 0 Credits|
|2 CREDITS PER COURSE|
|HCM 801 Critical Thinking and Innovation in Healthcare
HCM 809 Organizational Behavior in Healthcare
HCM 807 Law and Ethics in Healthcare
|HCM 803 Accounting Decision Making in Healthcare
HCM 802 Cost Analysis in Healthcare
HCM 804 Financial Management in Healthcare
|HCM 805 Quality, Risk, and Performance Management
HCM 806 Healthcare Information Systems
HCM 810 Human Resource Management in Healthcare
|HCM 808 Healthcare Systems and Economic Policy
HCM 811 Healthcare Strategic Management
HCM 812 Supply Chain Management in Healthcare
|HCM 813 Healthcare Services Marketing
HCM 814 Hospitality and the Patient Experience
HCM 815 Managerial Epidemiology and Population Health
|2 CREDITS PER COURSE|
|Concentration in Healthcare Leadership||Concentration in Healthcare Compliance|
|HCM 817 Healthcare Leadership
HCM 818 Strategic Decision Making
HCM 819 Market Analysis and Planning
|HCM 821 Healthcare Regulations
HCM 822 Healthcare Compliance
HCM 823 Enterprise Risk Management
|HCM 820 Negotiations||HCM 824 Implementing Compliance Systems||7th Semester|
|Healthcare Management Capstone (10 Weeks)…. 4 Credits|
|Total Degree …. 42 Credits|
Visit our Curriculum page to learn more.
To be considered for MSU’s Master of Science in Healthcare Management, you must:
- Be currently employed in the healthcare industry, including hospitals, pharmaceuticals, physician associations, surgical centers, medical suppliers, assisted care facilities, device manufacturers, insurance, consulting, or public policy.
- Have a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.00 in the last two years of your program.
- Have a high degree of potential for advancement to an organizational leadership role.
- Have some background knowledge of and exposure to word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Admission to the program is selective and meeting the minimum standards listed does not guarantee admission. The applicant’s overall record is considered, including the student’s statement of objectives, recommendations, academic transcripts, and other documentation as required.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- $100 non-refundable application submission and transcript fee
- All required application documents
- Transcripts from Michigan State University are not required. The official undergraduate transcript is required and must include a conferral date from the regional or nationally accredited institution.
- Three letters of recommendations from a professional, work-related reference, preferably a supervisor.
- A statement of purpose that describes relevant education, relevant work experience and describes how the applicant intends to apply the degree to his or her career and how this degree will help them achieve their career goals. The statement should be between 250 – 1,000 words.
- Resume (with detailed work experience)
Visit our Admissions page to learn more.
View our academic calendar for the application deadline, as well as registration deadline and start/end dates per semester.
Cost and Financial Aid
Visit our graduate tuition and financial aid page for information on tuition, fees and financial aid.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST
Toll Free Phone: 855-300-1310
International: +1 813-612-4295