The 42nd Annual Michigan Wine Competition is now accepting entries. The competition and judging will take place on Tuesday, July 30 and the Gold Medal Reception celebrating winners will be held on Thursday, August 8 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center.
This year the wine competition and reception is a jointly planned and executed venture with Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD), Michigan Wine Collaborative (MWC), Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center; and The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University.
Entry forms are now available, $55 per wine. Two ways to submit entry form and payment:
- Mail. If you received an entry form by mail – please complete the entry form, scan, and email the completed form to: email@example.com.
- Online. Visit the online entry form link. A follow up email will be sent to you with a copy of your completed entry form and payment instructions.
Entry forms are due by Friday, July 5, 2019. Late entry forms will not be accepted. All wine must be delivered to the Kellogg Center by Friday, July 12, 2019.
Gold Medal Reception
Celebrating the Michigan Wine Competition
A reception will be hosted on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center located on campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. Taste award-winning Michigan wines and meet the judges and winemakers. Hospitality Business students will plan and execute the competition and reception. The class is working closely with Michigan Wine Collaborative, Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD), and the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center to ensure professional standards for the competition and reception.
- 4:45 p.m., Trophy Presentation with Butlered Sparkling.
- 5:00 p.m. – 8 p.m., Reception
- Michigan Wine Collaborative
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
- The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University
- Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
Wine Competition Contact: Lucretia Mansfield, firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-884-8129
Media Contact: Ann Bertsch, email@example.com or 517-884-8166