Ahmet H. Kirca
Office: N464 Business College Complex
Ahmet H. Kirca is an Associate Professor of International Business and Marketing. He holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of South Carolina, Columbia. Prior to joining MSU in 2006, he worked at the George Washington University, Washington, DC.
Dr. Kirca's research focuses on international business and marketing strategy with a special emphasis on firm internationalization, innovation and organizational culture. He has several published or forthcoming articles in top academic journals including the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of World Business and Journal of Management, among others. Kirca teaches international business, marketing research and marketing strategy courses in various undergraduate and graduate programs at MSU.
Ahmet also had extensive managerial experience in textile and tourism industries in Istanbul before joining the academia. A native of Turkey, Kirca fluently speaks English, French, and Italian languages. He also has working knowledge of Spanish and Japanese.
Firm internationalization, firm strategic orientations, innovation, organizational culture and marketing research
- Best Conference Paper Award, 4th Biennial Conference of Indian Academy of Management, 2015.: Best Conference Paper Award in the Biennial Conference of Indian Academy of Management, 2015.
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Best Reviewer Award, 2011.: Best reviewer Award
- Rubera, Gaia and Ahmet H. Kirca (2017), “You Gotta Serve Somebody: The Effects of Firm Innovation on Customer Satisfaction and Firm Value” Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 45 (5): 741-761.
- Talay, Berk, Billur Akdeniz, and Ahmet H. Kirca (2017), “When Do the Stock Market Returns to New Product Preannouncements Predict Product Performance? Empirical Evidence from the U.S. Automotive Industry” Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 45 (4): 513-533.
- Sparkling, Anthony, Sinem Korkmaz, and Ahmet H. Kirca (2017), “Meta-Analytic Research Synthesis Connecting the Trends in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Partnering,” Journal of Management in Engineering, 33 (1), 1-12.
- Rubera, Gaia and Ahmet H. Kirca* (2012) "Firm Innovativeness and its Performance Outcomes: A Meta-Analytic Review and Theoretical Integration," Journal of Marketing, 76 (3), 130-147.
- Kirca, Ahmet H., Kendall Roth, Tomas Hult, and Tamer Cavusgil (2012) "The Role of Context in the Multinationality-Performance Relationship: A Meta-Analytic Review," Global Strategy Journal, 2 (2), 108-121.
- Kirca, Ahmet H., Tomas Hult, Seyda Deligonul, Morys Perryy, and Tamer Cavusgil (2012), "A Multilevel Examination of the Drivers of Firm Multinationality: A Meta-Analysis," Journal of Management, 38 (2), 502-530.
- Kirca, Ahmet H., William O. Bearden, and Kendall Roth (2011) "Implementation of Market Orientation in the Subsidiaries of Global Companies: The Role of Institutional Factors," Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 39 (5), 683-699.
- Kirca, Ahmet H., Tomas Hult, Kendall Roth, Tamer Cavusgil, Morys Perryy, Billur Akdeniz, Seyda Deligonul, Jeannette Mena, Wesley Pollitte, Jessica Hoppner, Joseph Miller, and Ryan White (2011), "Firm-Specific Assets, Multinationality, and Financial Performance: A Meta-Analytic Review and Theoretical Integration," Academy of Management Journal, 51 (1), 47-72.
- Kirca, Ahmet H. and Tomas Hult (2009), "Intra-Organizational Factors and Market Orientation: The Role of National Culture," International Marketing Review, 26 (6), 633-650.
- Kirca, Ahmet H., Satish Jayachandran and William O. Bearden (2005), "Market Orientation: A Meta-Analytic Review and Assessment of its Antecedents and Impact on Performance," Journal of Marketing, 69 (2): 24-41.
- MKT 415: International Marketing Management (undergraduate)
- MKT 310: International Business (undergraduate)
- MKT 862: Global Marketing Management (MBA)
- MKT 860: Assessing Global Business Environment
- MKT 870: Global Strategy
- MKT 460: Marketing Strategy
- Editorial Review Board Member: Editorial Review Board Member - Journal of International Business Studies, from 2010 to 2015.
- Editorial Review Board Member: Editorial Review Board Member - Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, from 2008 to 2015.
- Editorial Review Board Member: Editorial Review Board Member - Journal of International Marketing Strategy, since 2014.
- Track Chair: Track Chair - Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, International Business and Marketing Track, November 2015.