Eli Broad College of Business faculty looking to build upon their instructional and student engagement skills this coming school year will have opportunities to do that while grabbing a bite to eat with their peers.
The “Lunch & Learn” series, starting this month and offered by the Broad Learning Technology and Development (LTD) team, will focus on best practices in higher education pedagogy, with a light lunch provided.
The sessions, hosted by Jeremy Van Hof, LTD director, and LaTonya Motley, learning and design accessibility specialist, are open to any faculty member with a teaching assignment in the Broad College. Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 sessions and topics include:
- Aug. 27 and Feb. 26: Assessment strategies
- Sept. 25 and Mar. 27: Active learning in traditional and online classes
- Oct. 31 and Apr. 25: Emerging and innovative educational technology tools
- Nov. 29 and May 16: Creating an inclusive and equitable learning environment
- Dec. 14 and Jan. 28: Project-based learning, outcomes-based learning, and mastery learning
The Aug. 27 session will be held at 11:30 a.m. in the Business College Complex, Room N105. Future sessions will be at noon at locations to be announced.
Broad LTD will also host an Instructional Workshop Series regarding modern day learning tools. Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 sessions and topics include:
- Aug. 22 and Oct. 17: Word and PowerPoint accessibility basics
- Sept. 6 and Feb. 7: Online teaching design and instructional basics
- Nov. 15: Universal design for learning
- Apr. 11: Maximizing the learning environment
Sessions are at 3 p.m. except for the Aug. 22 session, which is at 8:30 a.m. in the Gast Business Library Lab (Room 13). Both the Lunch & Learn and Instructional Workshop programs may be co-hosted with the MSU College of Arts & Letters.
To reserve your spot at any of the sessions or for more information, contact Van Hof at email@example.com.