Mark S. Johnson
Office: 324 Eppley Center
Mark S. Johnson is a
Professor of Practice, Finance, at the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management,
Michigan State University. He received
his Ph.D. from Washington State University.
Dr. Johnson's current research focuses on Hospitality, Corporate and Real Estate Finance.
He has published in Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, ICHRIE Research Reports, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Managerial and
Decisions Economics, Financial Review, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance and
others. Dr. Johnson teaches corporate
finance, derivative asset pricing, mergers and acquisitions and the market for corporate control.
Personal contact information:
Professor of Practice, Department of Finance, The Eli Broad College of
Business, Michigan State University, 324 Eppley Center, East Lansing, MI
48824-1121, Office (517) 432-6253, Fax (517) 432-1080
Hospitality and Corporate Finance
- Excellence in Teaching: Excellence in teaching award, Finance Department, Michigan State University, 2006-2007
- Best Paper: Best Paper, ICHRIE. July 29-31, 2015 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida USA, Mark Johnson, A. J. Singh and Yifan Zhou. “Internet Gaming: Valuation Concerns for the Industry”
- Second Best Paper: Second Place, ICHRIE Research Reports, Awarded at July 21, 2016, James Kim, A.J. Singh, Mark Johnson and Richard Mandelbaum, “Macroeconomic Variables and Hotel Performance: Good and Bad News,”
- Summer Research Grant: $10,000 Summer Research Grant May 1 – August 1 2013, Eli Broad College of Business Internal Grant, “Travel Promotion Act and Firm Value”
- Marilyn Johnson and Mark Johnson “Federal Tax Law Trumps Indian Canon: Implications for the Gaming Industry,” Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 2016, 57(4) pp. 434-441.
- Mark Johnson and Tolani Lawson “The Impact of the Food Safety and Modernization Act on Firm Value,” Agricultural Finance Review, 2016, 76(2): 233-245.
- James Kim, A.J. Singh, Mark Johnson and Robert Mandelbaum “Macroeconomic Variables and Hotel Performance: Good and Bad News,” ICHRIE Penn State Research Reports, In Press 2016.
- Mark Johnson, A.J. Singh and Qing Ma “The Impact of Authorization of the Travel Promotion Act on Hotel Firm Stock Returns,” Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 2015, 56(1): 29-40.
- Mark Johnson, A J Singh and Yifan Zhou “Internet Gaming: Valuation Concerns for the Industry,” Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 2015, 23(1): 25-44.
- Mark Johnson, Min Jung Kang and Yifan Zhou “The Impact of the Bio-terrorism Act on the Supply Chain and Firm Value,” Journal of Finance Issues, 2014, 13(2):21-39.
- Mark Johnson “An End User Perspective: The Impact of FSMA on Restaurants,” Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Forthcoming 2017
- Mark Johnson, Min Jung Kang and Tolani Lawson “Stock Price Reaction to Data Breaches,” Journal of Finance Issues, Forthcoming
- Mark Johnson “An End User Perspective: The Impact of FSMA on Restaurants,” Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Forthcoming
- Fin 801: Managerial Finance
- Fin 859: Mergers and Acquisition
- Fin 478: Speculative Markets (derivative asset pricing)
- Fin 863: Market for Corporate Control
- Fin 414: Advanced Business Finance