Nicholas A. Hays
Before his academic career, Dr. Hays worked in management consulting for Booz & Company in New York and Bridge Strategy Group in Chicago.
Social hierarchy, power, status, conflict, competition, ethics, decision-making.
- Best Theoretical Conference Paper - 2008: From the International Association of Conflict Management
- Best Empirical Conference Paper - 2013: From the International Association of Conflict Management
- Hays, N. A., & Blader, S. L. (in press). To give or not to give? Effects of status and legitimacy on generosity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Hays, N. A., & Bendersky, C. (2015). Not at all inequality is created equal: Effects of status versus power hierarchies on competition for upward mobility. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 108(6), 867-882.
- Hays, N. A., & Goldstein, N. J. (2015). Power and legitimacy influence conformity. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 60, 17-26.
- Hays, N. A. (2013). Fear and loving in social hierarchy: Sex differences in preferences for power and status. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 49(6), 1130-1136.
- Bendersky, C., & Hays, N. A. (2012). Status conflict in groups. Organization Science, 23(2), 323-340.
- Goldstein, N. J., & Hays, N. A. (2011). Illusory Power Transference: The Vicarious Experience of Power. Administrative Science Quarterly, 56(4), 593-621.
- MGT 840: Organizational Leadership
- MGT 460: Management Capstone
- PIM 852: Negotiations
- Ad hoc reviewer for: Organization Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Psychological Science, Social Psychology
- Program committee member: 2011 annual meeting of the International Association of Conflict Management, Istanbul, Turkey
- Program committee member: 2014 annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Austin, Texas