Do you have questions about the Master’s in Accounting program? We help answer some frequently asked questions below.
If you have additional questions regarding our accounting program, contact us, we’re happy to help.
All students complete the Master’s in Accounting program in 12–24 months. 85 percent of our students graduate in 12 months and 15 percent graduate in 18–24 months.
Approximately 360 applicants apply each year to the Eli Broad College of Business Master’s in Accounting. Of those, around 180 are admitted and 135 enroll in the program.
Admitted students from the 2018 class have an average undergraduate GPA of 3.70. Most admitted students have GMAT scores of 550 for domestic students and 670 for international students. In addition, our international students have an average TOEFL score of 101 or average IELTS score of 7.0.
Approximately 70 percent of current students attended MSU as an undergraduate. The remaining 30 percent are from other universities, including international students.
The total approximate cost of the M.S. program is $40,000 for in-state residents and $60,000 for out-of-state residents. This amount includes tuition, room and board, and books.
An application for admission is good for one year beyond the initial application date.
Our application system is online and all documents must be uploaded to it.
We cannot accept any documents sent directly to the department. Any documentation received will not be considered as part of your application. Please do not send any transcripts to our office. If you are recommended for admission into our program and additional documentation is required, we will notify you of the required documents you need to submit.
We cannot predict your eligibility to the M.S. program until an application has been submitted and is complete. Please note that we will consider ALL aspects of your application.
For more information on dual enrollment, please see the M.S. in Accounting Dual Enrollment Policy.
We admit applicants with a minimum GMAT score of 550 and/or strong GRE score. Receiving this score does not guarantee admission.
The school code for the GMAT is QH0-5P-32. The school code for the GRE is 1465.
Yes, the M.S. in Accounting program will accept GMAT and/or the GRE.
In order to waive the GMAT/GRE for the regular application, an MSU student must have an average grade point of at least 3.0 in the following areas:
If you are applying to the MS in Accounting Linked program:
The MSA Program requires applicants to provide a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score, or a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A) score. The admissions committee will consider a candidate’s highest total score (and the sections associated with the highest score total).
Minimum Acceptable Scores
The school code for the TOEFL is 1465.
It is recommended that financial proof is sent once accepted into the program.
No, the M.S. program does not grant international students “Conditional Admissions.”
We typically offer the scholarship application starting in December for students to fill out. The deadline for submission is around the third week in January. Applications to the M.S. program must be completed by January 15 in order to qualify for a scholarship.